6 Days Walking and Yoga Retreat
6 Days Walking and Yoga Retreat
Relish in the splendid, tranquil beauty of Morocco’s High Atlas Mountains through a walking and yoga retreat. Undertaking daily guided walks you will explore the unique terrain and learn local stories and myths of the lands. These walks are classified as easy/moderate and are suitable for anyone who is reasonably active.
Each morning, a dynamic hatha flow yoga class will stretch and enliven you for the walk. The evening’s yoga and meditation class will be a gentle, reflective combination of gentle yoga and mindfulness meditation.
Adding to the authentic Moroccan experience, you accommodation for the time will be a Kasbah, designed and constructed by the owners with the environmentally sensitive design at the forefront. The stone used to build the walls were sourced from the local riverbed, solar panels have been installed to soak up the year-round sun and the Kasbah has its own well with water descending from the surrounding mountains. The Kasbah and swimming pool are surrounded by five hectares of beautiful mature gardens and ringed by mountains. Trees include olives, almonds, figs and pomegranates.
Accommodation is comfortable and spacious, with a rustic feel with cedar and eucalyptus wood, red sandstone, hand-made clay tiles, locally-made furniture with Berber motifs. Rooms also include solar-powered under-floor heating and air conditioning.
Typically, and depending on weather, your days will look like this:
- 07:00 Coffee, tea, fruit
- 07:30 – 08:45 Hatha yoga
- 09:00 Breakfast- fresh juices, tea/coffee, muesli, breads
- 10:15 – 13:00 Walking in the surrounding mountains and villages
- 13:15 Lunch
- 16:00 Afternoon tea
- 17:30 – 18:45 Gentle yoga and meditation
- 19:30 Three-course evening dinner – vegetarian, and, where possible, sourced organically from the Kasbah’s own gardens
You can enjoy daily mountain hikes. All walks will start and end at the Kasbah. Over the course of the five days, your guide will take you through surrounding villages, lush olive groves and mountain pathways with superlative views.
The hiking, which can be described as moderate, can be adapted to the requirements of the group. Please note that the terrain can be steep and reasonably challenging at times.
Walks are led by an experienced and friendly local guide who is very familiar with the landscape and terrain. The walks will be different each day and are classified as moderate; suitable for most people who are reasonably active. Many guests say that the daily walks, in this spectacular part of the world, are amongst the top highlights of their trip.
Where possible, the meals are locally sourced from the Kasbah gardens, super-fresh and seasonal. They offer a delicious veggie buffet for lunch and a selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals in the evening.
- Breakfast is a mixture of a buffet selection of breads, cereals, fruits, Berber or scrambled eggs, teas and coffees.
- Lunch is typically served buffet style – a selection of salads and vegetarian tagines are served, and eaten (weather permitting), al-fresco.
- Each afternoon, tea, coffee and cake is served. This is a particular favorite for many of the guests! The delicious cakes are made on-site.
- Dinner is served a la carte – guests are asked to choose from a daily menu, which is then served after the evening class.
All meals are typically Moroccan; the venue uses trusted local cooks whose training and influence has been handed down through the generations.
Breakfast and lunch are served vegetarian by default. Guests will be able to choose between vegetarian and non-vegetarian for the evening meals.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- Breakfast on each morning of the retreat
- Lunch (excluding arrival/departure day)
- Dinner (excluding departure day)
- 2 daily, 75-minute yoga classes
- Daily 2-3 hour walk
- Optional 6-hour walk
- Spacious twin/double, or single occupancy accommodation with private terraces
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Airport transfers
- Alcoholic drinks
- Additional foods / drinks
- Travel insurance
The price for this 5-day tour is xxxxxxxxx MAD. This includes:
14 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 4 dinners
Camp site (1 night), Gite (1 night), Guesthouse (2 nights), Hotel (10 nights)
Camel, Private Bus, Public bus, Taxi, Train
- Rabat orientation walk
- Entrance and guided tour Volubilis
- Fes – Guided walking tour
- Walk and visit of Berrem village
- Museum El Khorbat
- Half-day hike in the Atlas Mountains
- Guided walking tour Essaouira
- Dinner at Djemaa el Fna